random updates with cross-stitching projects and stash collection.
At the start of 2011 I signed up for the Crazy January Challenge after hearing some other members of the Cross Stitch Forum (CSF) talk about joining in. I started 15 new projects successfully the first 15 days of January as follows:
1. 2011 sampler by Kell (DONE)
2. Super Mario sampler by carladee (DONE)
3. spiral fractal by skitzz
4., 5. 2 flower coasters free chart by the Cross Stitchers Club (DONE 1)
6. Yellow submarine chart from Pinoy stitch
7. one ornament from Snowflake Elegance Ornaments Gold Collection by Dimensions
8. Angelic Melody Gold Collection by Dimensions
9. Tiger by Janlynn (DONE)
10. Hummingbird and Morning Glories Gold Collection Petites by Dimensions (DONE)
11. a self-designed bookmark with "Dovie'andi se toyva sagain" with some dice from my favourite book series The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan/Brandon Sanderson (DONE)
12. Warbreaker book cover
13. Letters A and E from Dimensions Princess Alphabet (DONE)
14. Christmas SAL by Alessandra Adelaide Needleworks
15. Baby Feet by Janlynn (DONE)
I've marked which ones I did manage to complete, and that certainly was not all of them. The one I had really wanted to finish was the Angelic Melody for my MIL for Xmas. That did not happen, so we ended up giving her some frogs from this excellent artist Arthur Ward. Earlier in the year we had discovered his frogs at a Vermont Holiday shop in the mall. I love them! I wish I had someone to give each design.
This will be a picture heavy post since I'd like to wrap up my finishes of 2011. This is as completed chronologically and I'll post the leftover WIPs at the end.
2) One-Drink Woman by Lady Kell of Kincavel Krosses
3) Mario Sampler by carladee of Flossy Bobbin - my absolute favourite thing to stitch all year
4) 2011 Sampler by Lady Kell of Kincavel Krosses
8) Bibliophile bookmark by Kell at Kincavel Krosses. This was eventually given for donation to another member at CSF. I used DMC variegated threads for this after picking some up at a 1/2 price sale at Joann Fabrics.
9) Pog mo thoin subversive ATC by Kell at Kincavel Krosses given to my cousin, luckily he has a good sense of humour.
11) Golden Retriever from the WOXS - for DH's aunt and cousins after they suddenly lost their Golden, Mousky. Yes, I spelled his name wrong and had to fix it later. This took up maybe 6 weeks of solid stitching to try and get it completed by a certain deadline. This was definitely the most meaningful work I had all year.
12) Yellow rose coaster from Cross Stitcher's Club as a Mother's Day gift for my Grandma
13) Another version of One Drink Woman by Lady Kell of Kincavel Krosses for a friend who prefers white zinfandel.
14) Pinguino for DH on seafom 14 count aida by Alessandra Adelaid Needleworks
17) Dimensions Gold Petites Hummingbird and Morning Glories entered into the local fair, no prize. But the winning piece must have had 500 beads! So I know what to do for next year. Plus someone contacted me wanting to buy it, but it was a Christmas gift for my mother.
18) a card for an exchange on The Stitch Specialists
19) a fantasy biscornuu for an exchange on CSF. The front was a free dragon pattern from P-tites Croix and the back was a pattern from Sprite Stitch with a quote from The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy (a fantastic book).
So these are all the finished projects from this year. I'll have to make another post with all my leftover WIPs from the Crazy January Challenge and my hope of finishing them off for 2012. Some will be finished as part of Kell's X-stitching Xmas Challenge as well.
Hope you all have a happy and healthy 2012!